Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Changes

This has been a bad week, and it is only Tuesday. I sometimes feel like I am stuck in this never ending cycle of time, and the only time that things are any different are when something bad happens. Don't get me wrong. I love my life for the most part and I can think of very little that I would actually change. I think that I just long for something else sometimes.  Nothing bad, mind you, but sometimes I feel like I need to have an adventure. Whatever happened to the days of pirates? When will I ever be called upon to save the nation from a sinister foe?  Where have all the cowboys gone?

I love the little adventures that I have now. Trying to do laundry and make sure that Teyla isn't climbing up the basement stairs at the same time is always a fun one.  This morning, I changed a flat tire all by myself. That was an adventure, but it might have been cooler with an explosion or two.  On second thought, maybe not in that situation.

Yesterday, I said goodbye to my friends at Fark.com. I have been a member of that community for a couple of years now and have met some truly amazing people that I consider to be great friends. After a lot if tossing and turning on Sunday night, I decided that I needed to make a change and that for the time being, Fark is going to have to be one of those things that I put aside to help me obtain my goals.

I have 3 goals for October and November: 1) I would like to loose some weight and get toned up. I'm tired of having tight pants and I think that I might have some self image issues flaring up. I think losing some inches might get me back on track to being happy again. 2) I want to become a Big Brother. I want to give someone a better life, or at least a distraction from their current one. It would feel great to use my spare time to make someone feel special, instead of just moping about in my spare time. I filled out my application last night and I am hoping to hear more soon. 3) I want to make Teyla a Christmas present. I don't know what it will be yet, but I want to give her something that she will be able to look back on when she is older and know how much her daddy loved her.

No comments: