Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sorry, ladies...I won't be giving out any roses tonight.

On the eve of yet another winter storm, I am warm and cozy in the place I always seem to be when winter storms hit: Chuck E. Cheese's.

My week has been pretty slow and uneventful so far, even though it is only Tuesday. Lisa and I have been talking a lot about whether or not we should buy a house or just rent one for a while. I am under the impression that Sioux City is my home and that this is where I want to grow old and die. She is under the impression that cold is evil and snow will kill us all in our sleep. And since she is a woman, she is always right. If only I was a millionaire. We would go to the Islands during the winter months and stay warm. Then we would come back to Sioux City and be warm again.

My old friend insomnia has come back to haunt my nights again. I just lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. It isn't much fun. I try reading before bed to calm my nerves, but then I just lay up and think about what I read and that doesn't help either. The last time I had bad insomnia, I watched a Happy Days marathon on TVLand and then insisted that everyone call me "The Fonz" the next day. Let's hope that doesn't happen to be the solution this time around...

No comments: