Thursday, February 18, 2010

Whiskey Shots and Cheap Cigarettes.

More and more, I find myself looking forward to my future. Some aspects of my future scare me, while others excite me. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like right now if I never took the chance on going to Perkins that Friday night five years ago. Where would I be today if I hadn't offered the girl from Hinton a ride home after her friends left her at the restaurant. The bottom line is this: if I had chickened out that night and not gone to Perkins, I don't think that my life would be as amazing or wonderful as it is now. But now, instead of wondering about my past, I'm looking forward to the beginning of a new era. In just about five months, we will be bringing a new life into the world. My mind is swarming with questions. Will it be a boy or a girl? Will it be healthy? When it is old enough, will it develop a love for the things that I love, or will it develop passions of its own? Will it like me?

The only thing that I know for certain is this: I will love this baby with all that I can muster, no matter what happens.

No comments: