Monday, February 1, 2010

Would You Like Some Attitude With That?

I just sat down and put my thinking cap on. Ok. I lied. I put my hood up on my sweatshirt. My ears are cold. Don't get all in my business about it. It is just a hood.


Fine. I took it off.


So this weekend was our first real busy one of the year. We were super packed at the Cheese and I began my annual practice of being an asshole when I need to be. Something about being at full capacity and having to be firm and borderline strict with the people that come into my store just makes me shine. So for the next few months, if you want to get snapped at and talked down to, all while I have the biggest, warmest smile on my face, then you know where to find me.


I decided last week to stop caring about stuff that I can't handle. I know that I am supposed to be everyone's friend and everyone's buddy, but I can't fake it anymore. I am content with my life. I am content with the choices I have made and the ones I still make on a daily basis. I am content with my toys. I hate feeling like people are trying to one up me with their phones, or their cars, or their games. I don't care. All I need in my physical life I already have: her name is Lisa.

If tomorrow finds us homeless and penniless, and all I have is my wife, my partner, I will have prevailed.

No comments: