Monday, November 3, 2008

Discovering the past and remembering the future

Whatever happens tomorrow, i know one thing for certain: elected officials will come and go, but i will always have a passion for one thing. Cheese.

When i was a kid, i didnt know what kind of word i would be living in when i grew up. I wanted so badly to be alive when we make contact with alien beings, or develop space travel that would be affordable for the average man, or a peaceful world where all we worried about was what color shirt we would wear that day. More and more, i see that dream sifting away.

We are the only beings in this universe, space travel kills more astronauts than polio and measles combined, and i have sooooooo many shirts to choose from that i dont even care anymore.

People arent getting kinder. In fact, they are getting stupider. Sometimes, i feel like i am the only sane person in some situations. I dont know if anyone will read this and know what i mean, but sometimes i feel myself getting dumber when i talk to stupid people. It is like i can feel my brain giving up.

In less than seven hours, we play the election game again. People are afraid because palin wants to nuke our enemies and obama wants to nuke our savings accounts. I officially dont even care anymore. I will tell you what i can get behind. I can get behind a platform founded on a freedom to enjoy any kind of cheese that you might like.

One of my fondest (i was gonna go with a fondue joke there, but decided not to. ) memories of cheese happened in the sixth grade. In foods class, we were introduced to Limburger cheese. oh my lord. aside from being the most disgusting smell i had ever had infiltrate my nostrils, it was the most amazing taste i have ever......tasted. since then, i have had a severe love for cheese. anyone that knows me will agree that cheese is the best and all those other dairy products out there are just sore and sorry shadows of what they could be.

I know that you read this for the funny, and that this post and my last have been more serious than the others, but i am just in a serious mood right now. more funny will come, but i want to keep it fair and balanced.

Thank you to the people that read this. some of you have told me that it makes their day to read my posts. It makes my day to make your day. and that just makes my day.

No comments: