Saturday, November 1, 2008

Slumming it.

So here I am. I won't be near my laptop tonight, so I am trying something different. I am doing tonights post from my blackberry. I feel very lazy while writing this. I am sitting in my office at work with a mug of Coca-Cola and blogging. It is really not that bad, because there are like 2 families in my store and not counting me, the employees to family ratio is 5:2. I like those odds.

Let me tell you a story. Last night, as I stood outside of my store and handed out candy to mexican supermans, black batmans, and more witches than you could shake a broomstick at, I was thinking about how awesome it would be if the claws that came with my Wolverine costume were real and I would be able to fight crime, shave myself, and cut up food for babies/senior citizens.

I have always been intrigued as to what life would be like if I was extra-ordinary. What if I were more athletic than I am? What if I were taller? What if I actually cared what the world thought? I'll tell you the answer to that last one. If I cared what the world thought, I wouldn't own a single shirt with a skull on it, I wouldn't have a ring in my septumn or a 2-guage hole in each of my ears, and I wouldn't have my tattoos.

I will give you my list of the top 5 things I care about:

1. Lisa
2. My family and friends
3. My job
4. Suicide Prevention
5. Zombie Defense Stratagies

Everything else is not important to me.

(Disclaimer: on my list, please put #5 at the top of the list and move everything else down one. Zombies are an imminent threat and yet all our government wants to worry about right now is money, the A-rabs, and whether we are going to elect some annoying black guy or some annoying white guy. As Barack Obama would have said like 25 years ago or so, "Fight the system" and tell your congressmen (or congresswomen) that we will not sit by and wait for the dead to walk the earth before they decide to take action. I for one will NOT welcome our undead warlords.)

No comments: