Tuesday, November 18, 2008

encased in concrete is no way to go through life

5 days have passed since I last wrote one of these blogs. Unacceptable. I blame it on sheer laziness and the economy. And the cold.

I haven't really had much happen lately that I felt necessary to write about. Friday night, Lisa and I made an impromptu road trip to Omaha, Nebraska for dinner. We also went Christmas shopping, but mostly we drove an hour and a half for dinner. We went to one of our favorite resturants: Burger King. Or did we go to P.F. Chang's China Bistro? I can't really remember.

That was probably one of the most exciting things we have done this week.

I decided to buy a blank, leather-bound journal yesterday. I proceeded to write a few paragraphs that will hopefully be the start of a story I had pop into my head the other night. I don't know how long it takes to write a book or short story, but I'm going to try. Hey, it keeps me off the streets and away from the gang wars, so it'll be good either way I guess. I already have a title for it: Fourteen.

I have been increasingly tired lately. I don't usually stay up past midnight if I can help it, but in the mornings I just don't want to drag myself out of bed. Maybe it is my age starting to show. I will be turning 26 the week after I get married. Kind of a scary thought. Lisa will probably start having to look into nursing homes before too long.

Speaking of being old, I got a fun letter in the mail the other day. It was my AARP card. I kid you not. I got home and there was an envelope for me from them that said 'card enclosed.' I opened it and there it was. My very own card. According to the letter that came with it, I have the card, but I am not 'elegible to use it until 2033. Hmmmmmmm.

No comments: